The time you've all been waiting for has arrived... The Peergos alpha is now officially open! You can now have your own private shareable space online.
We have a strictly limited number of accounts on our alpha available for free with an initial 200MB of storage, so get in fast. All we ask in return is that you use it and tell us what we can improve. You can do this in Peergos itself using the feedback button, on Reddit, or via email or Twitter. If you run out of space in Peergos then just message us and we'll increase your storage quota, subject to availability.
Some things to bear in mind:
- We haven't had an external security audit (coming soon), so we advise you not to store anything sensitive in Peergos yet.
- For now, we recommend Chrome for files larger than 50MB. We'd love to be able to recommend Firefox, but they haven't implemented a critical feature we need to safely stream from encrypted data.
- There are still a lot of rough edges and things that can be optimised, but we wanted to get it out there and start getting feedback on what people actually want, now that the foundations are in place.
You can sign up to the alpha here.
- Simple decentralized web hosting on Peergos
- Encrypted shareable calendar
- Fast Encrypted File Search
- Private Planning Boards in Peergos
- How to solve the social dilemma and fix social media
- Peergos wins EU Next Generation Internet grant
- Direct S3 access
- Peergos release v0.3.0
- Keybase has left the building
- The perfect social network
- Atomic access control
- Peergos release v0.1.3
- Applications on Peergos
- Fast seeking and encrypted history
- IPFS Camp, new features
- Alpha Release
- Security Audit
- Development update